Jewels of Alaska - Classic Group, 2023
Jewels Of Alaska – Classic Group, 2023
Explore the wild and wonderful Alaskan wilderness during this one-week guided tour. Begin your adventure in Anchorage with a sweet treat: Taste agutak – Inuit Ice Cream – after an exclusive demonstration by Alaska’s Indigenous people at the Alaska Native Heritage Center. Board a jet boat for a tour along the Chulitna River to a trapper’s cabin, where you will learn about the lifestyle of hunting and trapping in the state. Ride along the world-famous, glass-domed Alaskan Railroad toward Denali National Park, where the country’s tallest peak, Mount McKinley, will greet you. Meet the champion dog team of a four-time Iditarod winner and allow him to regale you with tales of the 1,049-mile dogsled race over lunch at his home. From Whittier, take a 100-mile boat tour of Prince William Sound and the see the glaciers of College Fjord.
- Anchorage: Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner at MUSE, located in the Anchorage Museum, a venue dedicated to studying and exploring the land, people, art and history of Alaska.
- Alaskan Railroad: For tonight’s dinner with wine, the choice is yours between a local brewery or your lodge’s restaurant during your Dine-Around evening.
- Girdwood: In the evening, join your Travel Director for a wonderful Celebration Dinner, complete with wine and good cheer.
- Whittier: Visit with the Captain in the wheelhouse and enjoy lunch.
- Dining Summary: 6 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches (L) and 3 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Anchorage: Enjoy an exclusive presentation on making Agutak (Eskimo ice cream) by Alaska’s first people during a visit to the renowned Alaska Native Heritage Center.
- Talkeetna: Enjoy an included Jet Boat Tour up the Chulitna River and visit a Trappers Cabin. Learn about the lifestyle of hunting and trapping in Interior Alaska.
- Denali: Meet a local climber at a private reception and hear first-hand about their experience climbing the tallest land-based mountain in the world.
- Denali: Meet the champion dog team of four-time Iditarod winner, Martin Buser and learn about the challenges of competing in the 1,049-mile (1,688 km) dogsled race and enjoy lunch at his home.
Top Rated Highlights
- Anchorage: Get acquainted with Anchorage on an included city tour.
- Matanuska Valley: Travel through the fertile Matanuska Valley and stop at a local farm to see how the long summer days and glacial silt create the perfect environment for growing vegetables and flowers.
- Alaskan Railroad: Enjoy a relaxed start this morning before boarding the world-famous Alaskan Railroad train for a spectacular journey over swift-rushing streams, towards Denali National Park and Preserve. View the majestic surroundings from the comfort of your glass-domed railcar.
- Prince William Sound: Travel to Whittier to board the 26 Glacier Cruise for a 100-mile boat tour of Prince William Sound and into the College Fjord where you will come up close and personal to the glaciers.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Anchorage, the City of Lights and Flowers
Anchorage Sightseeing and the Matanuska Valley
Journey Along the Alaskan Railroad
Denali National Park, the Crown Jewel of the Alaskan Wilderness
Girdwood and Mount Alyeska
Prince William Sound Cruise and on to join your Glacier Discovery Cruise or return to Anchorage